Niagara Celtic Heritage Society

Our mission is to promote Celtic culture in all its various facets.

The Niagara Celtic Heritage Society Inc. is an official not-for-profit society, established in 2001 to help restore, preserve and promote Celtic culture. We work hard to keep our heritage and history alive for future generations. In order to help fulfill our mission, we host the annual Niagara Celtic Heritage Festival & Highland Games each September in Olcott, NY.

 

parade

NCHS Board

Elizabeth Allore, Beth Banks, Kathy Lamont, Benjamin Martin, Rebecca Schweigert, Michael Tomaino

Officers

Robert Talladay, President

Robert Loveland, Vice President

Phil Banks, Treasurer

Cate Banks, Secretary / Festival Associate Director

Beth Banks, Festival Director

Vicki Banks, Festival Associate Director / Marketing Director


Festival Finances Breakdown

Revenue

In 2017 our revenue was 96% earned through festival income. The remaining 4% came from sponsorship, ad sales and contributions.

Expenses

35% Artists & Performers
A huge portion our festival expenses go directly towards every group you see attending our festival. Every participant of our festival is compensated in some way, usually through fees or donations by us.

39% Event Production
Rent, insurance, security, tents, electricity, chairs and tables, flags, decorations, port-a-potties, storage, equipment, shuttles, signage...the list goes on and on! Hosted inside a county park, we have to bring in absolutely everything needed to put on our festival. The setting of Krull Park is always worth it, however the expenses to undertake such a feat are enormous.

10% Office & Administration
Every year we send hundreds and hundreds of letters, contracts and paperwork! Costs include ink, paper, copies, envelopes, stamps, and more office supplies. Also fees for accounting, paperwork, contracts and our website/ social marketing.

16% Education & Marketing
We have a streamlined system to promote our festival as affordably as possible, including our massive mailing list of past guests (which allows us to give discounts to our loyal fairgoers!). A large portion of this budget goes towards supporting many annual Celtic events and festivals through purchasing advertising for their programs. We go to great lengths to support many local Celtic organizations!

2017 finances

At our 2017 festival, donations were made to all artists and groups participating.

  • 7 adult/ youth dance groups
  • 7 bagpipe bands
  • 23 Celtic bands
  • 8 workshop hosts
  • 5 historical/reenacting groups
  • 5 artisans
  • Over 40 Scottish clans and Celtic societies
  • 7 local Community Groups
  • 2 Animal groups
  • 3 Athletic Competitions w/ over 225 athletes

'Tis glad I am and glad I'll be, that you like knowin' the likes of me!

©2018 Niagara Celtic™ All Rights Reserved.
websitesbyvicki.com